How to make the perfect Asparagus Soup for Summer!
Asparagus is the King of British ingredients and it is perfect for late spring and early summer, whether you use it as a side vegetable, an integral ingredient to create the main dish or simply jazz it up, make a warm salad or make a soup – Asparagus can be the centrepiece of any meal!
It is a great ingredient that is easy to source and it’s also a good way to support local farmers and businesses – lots of farms local to Stoke Park sell amazing quality asparagus where we source it from…
This week we are sharing a simple, speedy Asparagus Soup Recipe which is perfect for the Spring/Summer nights; serve with some delicious bread and a swirl of cream on top, a sprig of parsley and it’ll be a show stopping lunch or dinner. Enjoy without the bread for a simple starter or lighter meal. See below for the recipe and tips on how to make it!
Ingredients (serves four):
- 25g x Butter
- 1 x Large Onion
- 2 x Large Bunches of Asparagus
- 600ml x Vegetable Stock
- 2 x Garlic Cloves
- Double Cream (for decoration – optional)
- Parsley (for decoration – optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan before adding the diced Onion and Garlic, cook at a low temperature until soft
- Add the chopped Asparagus to the pan and briefly fry with the Onion to bring out the flavours and infuse the pan
- Cover the Vegetables in Vegetable Stock
- Leave to boil until the Asparagus is soft
- Blend the mixture until smooth
- Serve in four bowls with a drizzle of Double Cream and a sprig of Parsley on top for decoration