Courgette, Chilli and Asparagus Risotto with Ricotta Cheese and Chervil filled Courgette Flower
Like most fruits and vegetables, organically grown Courgettes have the richest flavour and highest nutrient content. When picking your Courgettes from the garden, choose the small, younger ones which are firm, glossy and unblemished. These Courgettes are guaranteed to have the best flavour.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 400ml x Vegetable Stock
- 10g x Herbs
- 1 x Clove of Garlic
- 1 x Medium Onion
- 1 x Chilli
- 500g x Risotto Rice
- 10ml x Olive Oil
- 1 x Courgette
- 10ml x White Wine
- 1tsp x Ground Mixed Spice
- 16 x Asparagus
- 10g x Chervil
- 40g x Ricotta Cheese
- 4 x Courgette Flowers
- 300g x Grated Parmesan
- Knob of Butter
- Basil Oil
- Boil the Vegetable Stock in a saucepan and add the Herbs.
- Chop the Clove of Garlic, peel and dice the Onion and finely dice the Chilli. Add in to a large saucepan and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Risotto Rice to the Onions and coat with Olive Oil. The Oil helps prevent the Rice from sticking together.
- Add the White Wine and hot Vegetable Stock and cook for 15 minutes. Keep stirring the Rice. Add a pinch of Ground Mixed Spice to give the dish a kick.
- In the meantime, peel and blanch the Asparagus. Once cooked, cut off the ends.
- After a further 5 minutes, add the Courgette, Asparagus, grated Parmesan and Butter to the Risotto. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Finely chop the Chervil, add to the Ricotta Cheese and mix together.
- Pipe the mixture into the Courgette Flowers.
- Serve the Risotto in a large bowl and circle the edge with Basil Oil.
- Place the Courgette Flowers on top of the Risotto and sprinkle with additional Parmesan.